You might be having a hard time choosing which blinds for your home. Different types have different advantages and disadvantages. Perhaps these facts will be of use to you:
- For homes with children and pets, you might want to consider cordless blinds that raise and lower with slight pressure applied to the bottom rail. This will prevent some wear and tear on your blinds. These blinds are easy to lift as well as having a slick and modern appearance, as well as being a safer choice for kids and pets!
- If you want vibrant colors, metal blinds might be right for you. The color application on metal blinds is tough, bright, and has the ability to withstand lots of abuse. These can also be purchased in cordless varieties.
- When you want to enhance the architectural details of your apartment or house and want to create a focal point, high quality wood blinds with a great stain or painted finish can offer a nice sense of permanence to your home.
- Generally speaking, smaller slats allow for less light leaks when shut. If you want a room that can instantly attain total darkness, micro mini blinds might be great for you.
- To avoid too much dust accumulation, it’s a good idea to choose blinds that have been treated with an anti-static finish.
- If you want to enhance the height of your room, vertical blinds can help with that. The vertical nature helps make a low ceiling seem a bit higher.
- When you choose vertical blinds, you’ll need to allow for another clearance from the floor to make for ease when traversing.
Hopefully these tips will help you along the way in your blind purchase decision-making!